Saturday, June 10, 2006

Songs of My Time

Songs define the moments of our lives. I attempt to put together a list of 10 that has moved, thrilled, soothed, mersmerised or irked me.

1. Tanya Chua’s 陌生人: it’s a song that I just feel for. Hmm…

2. Sometimes When We Touch: my 2 crushies’ fave song back then. What do they say about falling for the same type of guys? Eeee……yucks.

3. Richard Marx’s Right Here Waiting: my first song performance on stage. Lame tune, lame dance and I had to do it because one loser pulled out in fit of spite.

4. Candy Lo’s 垃圾: my must-sing number at KTV. No one does this song better than me…wahahaha.

5. Nearly all of Mayday’s Songs: I Love You 无望 is an awakening on how awesome Hokkien songs can be, 志明与春娇 is my classic all-time favourite, 时光机 brought tears when I first heard it on radio soon after I’ve lost my grandma, 别惹我is war declaration’s best theme, is a reflection of my dissipating passion for pursuing life’s many dreams, “Gong-Lang” is a reminder that there’s still hope.

6. Forrest Gump Suite: introduced to me how music can be so stirring, even without lyrics.

7. Diana Ross’ If We Hold on Together: Our last performance on stage as a class back in secondary school. How are you gals doing?

8. MLTR’s Out of the Blue: 25 Minutes, Wild Women, etc are mostly bad grammar but Out of the Blue is one nice, romantic tune which deserves pardon on poor English.

9. 刘文正/童年: is so apt when it comes to reminiscing the fun childhood days.

10. 梁文福/细水长流: celebrates friendship and brings to memory how much I’ve grown since CGS’ days.

No comments: