I've been reading quite a bit of onedayinmay. Absolutely fantastic blog by a Mayday fan based in Canada. She writes well too! Check out her other sites, such as a Mayday lyrics translation site and her travel adventure in East Asia blog. I'm in awe of her translation, I mean that sort of dedication and background researching is deserving of my 'kowtao' ok!
While I haven't regained my writing prowess, there are quite a few who lined up to ask of favours such as looking through their cover letters and resumes and better yet, help them EDIT and IMPROVE. Seriously, I gotta start charging for this man. It's getting on my nerves. These are favours I do good frens (maybe as per Bren's suggestions, I shall start issuing PRIVILEGE CARDS to those who are entitled to seek my 'professional expertise' freely). How shall I charge the rest? Suggestions welcome.
I've also been spending time catching up with Asian popular culture. This is perhaps the ONLY arena which makes me champion among friends now. What do you expect of a jobless bum who can only pray someone has some sense to spot her talents and recruit her soon? Anyway, I'm done with Taiwanese drama Summer X Summer, featuring my fave drama cutie for now ~~ JOE CHENG! He has a dog named PP in the show and he said PP has a special place in his heart.....hahaha......*dreamy eyes*. Lead actress Wu Xiong did a passable job but her lazy-tongued Chinese irritates me quite a bit. That said, Joe's L and Rs are all in a mess too but he more than made up for it by looking good and acting cute. HAHAHAHAHA!

I've also finished Corner with Love. 小猪can act, production is good, script is well-written but.....the lack of raw bursts of energy sometimes makes it less memorable than say Hana Kimi, It Started with a Kiss, Meteor Garden etc etc. I guess I always prefer dramas with school setting. Being young is so fun! Corner with Love is adulty love. I'll say worth watching though it gets really draggy towards the last parts. However, the classic hokkien poem in epi8 more than make up for any dragginess! As for Summer x Summer, it's a light show that's worth catching too despite its less ideal ratings in Taiwan! Not draggy and 2nd lead Ruan Jing Tian looks great.

Now I'm heels over Why Why Love 换换爱 (dun ask me what's with that crappy English title), with the very diabetically sweet duo - Mike He and Rainie Yang. You'll swoon at Kingone's new look too! I give his makeover 2 thumbs-up compared to his image in Devil Beside You. This is fun to watch and it drives me nuts that I can only catch it once a week on Youtube since this has started airing in Taiwan only on 3rd June! TS - pls bring in the DVDs quick!!!

If you'll like to watch the above 3 shows I've mentioned and you're leading a pre-prince Cinderella life like me, I recommend u watch them free on Youtube, Crunchyroll or VEOH. I am very grateful to fans from around the world who uploaded the videos (some even subbed it!) and actually made a boring life like mine very colourful.
I can't believe Taiwan has so many hot cuties guys that even a VERY GOOD LOOKING one has to make do with being a 2nd or 3rd lead in the dramas. Look at pathetic Singapore. Our cutie actors population is in such sorry state that we're still talking about 'saving' Christopher Lee from further imprisonment. Oh yes, even a more decent looker like Chris is imported lor!
Heads-up on what's up for me:
Heads-up on what's up for me:
1) I've taken the unofficial role of Bren's singing competition coach. She's gonna sing "Eyes On Me", her best song when we did a run-through during the last KTV session. Everybody cheer for her!
2) Free meals awaiting me. Yoohoo! *Muaks* to all those who have collected bonus, found new job or simply feel like giving me a treat :D
3) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows akan datang. The final instalment of the 7 books. Finally, our journey with Harry, Ron and Hermione is coming to an end. You know this mixed feeling of excitement and wistfulness that you're nearing that something you've been looking forward to and it'll also mark a closure to a chapter? :(Woah........! My something about nothing has added up to quite something! Maybe the blogging bug is back.

1 comment:
Hey Pi, are your aure your wicked stroke of genius is not back ? Talking about Chris Lee lol
Post a Comment