Sunday, October 28, 2007

summer in autumn

no i'm not referring to singapore's perennial climate. it's my summer in the month that marks the start of autumn that is also the month when my planet, stars, moon, sun and whatever else in the solar system align!

i'm very grateful that some of the recent misfortunes have been averted somehow, miraculously. tell me, how can I ever lose faith in life when so many signs tell me that i'm being watched over?! like i won't need to pay a cent for the leaking big pipes at home cos HDB said they'll pay, the water heater that refuses to heat up just light up again for reasons beyond me, my dad's hospitalisation doesn't cost me a cent in the end cos medishield can cover it...

And then I wanted to teach part-time and somehow, one assignment after another just came to me. I wanted a MNC job with regional exposure and casual work environment and then the opportunity arrived after I remained adamant in rejecting the 'false starts'. This is as good as it gets. I am grateful and the only thing I can do in return for these is to spread the joy, and contribute where I can.

1 comment:

blueskygreenpastures said...

Don't forget the Aspiring PHD Scholar Fund" to make your contribution to add an armchair politician to the betterment of society...I promise to do my part for world conservation by not blasting the aircon in my dusty university office where I am buried underneath tons of research. If my book becomes best seller, I will get my publisher to print on recycled paper...