Sunday, July 11, 2004

Sing 'Top of the World' in Mandarin

Now and then, I would do a crass (if not hilarious) Chinese adaptation of English songs. Some of my prized works include Baa Baa Black Sheep, Do-Re-Mi, and now, "Top of the World". Sing to the tune of the song! The lines don't quite rhyme but hey, the meaning does correspond. Enjoy.

Top Of The World (世界高峰)

Such a feeling coming over me
有种感觉拥上我心头

There is wonder in most everything I see
我看到的事物都是奇迹

Not a cloud in the sky
天上没有云朵

Got the sun in my eyes
眼中充满阳光

And I won't be surprised if it's a dream
如果这是梦也不奇怪

I'm on the top of the world
我站在世界的高峰

Looking down on creations
看着地上的事物,

And the only explanation I can find
而我找到唯一的原因就是

It's the love that I've found
我得到的关爱

Eversince you've been around
自从你的出现

Your love puts me at the top of the world
你的爱让我站在最高峰

No comments: