Talk about Good Neighbour Day. It was casualty in the making when I moved into my new office at Chinatown area this year. Being new and trying to make some friends, I took the initiative to establish a nice hello with my neighbours, including the one whose room is directly opposite mine. When I saw her door left open, I knocked and greeted, only to be splashed wet with a cold "I'm very busy you know". That sealed it.
My efforts to smile at her went down the drain with her deliberate attempts to look away hostilely whenever I walk past. It must have been grave inferiority complex at work; or simply a serious untreated case of autism. Things are not looking better, if not worse recently. She has been causing me and my colleagues displeasure with rude shuts of door whenever we tread close. She lets off wimpy, pathetic growl or shields her face with whatever's at hand (wallet, pouches etc) whenever we walked past each other. Today and over the last one or two occasions, she banged and smashed things against the partition dividing our offices. The loud, unwarranted violence left paint dust on our floor and us appalled. Now, if the subject in point is reading this, I kindly invite you to knock on my door to air your grievances civilly.
And how have I been a good neighbour? I put up with idiosyncracies that border on barbarism. Until now.
Friday, November 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment