Friday, January 26, 2007

Before I Say Goodbye

I've thrown in the letter! Ok, old news.
Someone could be interested in me. Woohoo, juicy stuff! ;)

Anyway, this is a serious blog, no less. I've been thinking a bit while serving my one month notice at XP. (Yes, this bird-brain of mine does think alright?!)

Despite all my bitching, complaints and whinings, this 3-month stint is a worthwhile journey for some of the things it taught me:

Reflection One: What kind of teacher do I want to be?
Prior to XP, I didn't give deep thoughts over this. All I had planned to do was to use my charisma to charm all students to hail me as some kinda gawd. The charisma bit does work to a certain extent. But the exposure to a different pedagogy ideology got me reflecting on how I can help shape young minds. The teaching inventory test puts in perspective the kind of teacher I am and aim to be. I haven't quite figured out how I could really be better but I know for sure students under my charge are seldom bored.

Reflection Two: The Perfect Guys Are....Well, Imperfect.
I'm sounding frivolous again :D Having met so many "nice, perfect guys" over the last 3 months, I know for sure the typical goody guys simply don't turn me on. Hahaha....I guess it's alright - the un-turn-on is prolly quite mutual.

Reflection Three: Blocks Can Be Called Pods
I grow to like how this cuckoo XP refer blocks as pods. So people will be asking things like "which pod are you at?". Kinda cool. But my kudos for their innovativeness ends here. A lot of times, I really wonder if they do things differently just for the sake of being different. Sometimes, age-old conventions are conventions for good reasons.

Another unexciting blog. Till 9 Feb.

2 comments:

Enchanted One said...

NO guys r perfect lah ... no one's perfect ? What POD r u @ lol

pi said...

You r rite! There's no perfect guys. The only true statement about all guys is that they are all cuckoos, with differing degree of birdiness.