Thursday, January 24, 2008

Keeping the Faith

There are times, we seem to have walked apart
With diverging pursuits, and priorities
There isn't time to slow down and talk
To find common grounds again
Our lives have changed, our wants differ
There are times when we cast doubts
Perhaps, the day that spells the end will come
Sooner than death should keep us apart
We know we won't say it
Because we don't like to address it
We think we don't understand each other anymore
I thought you don't care to listen afterall
You thought I don't empathise like before

We can't deny the gradual drift
We may not like our dissimilar dreams
Someone else may take your spot
Someone else may claim my attention
But... we have come so far, haven't we?
Why should changing lives close our tangling loops?
We can seek our respective goals
And share the joy of our personal wins
We may not know each other's angst
Nor truly go through the same sad thing
But when I need someone
I know I can count on you
Let's keep the faith. Let's keep the faith.

No comments: