I don't mean to own the colour that belongs to Minty or even XY but according to a certain personality test developed by a Ritberger, I am characterised by the hue that the incredible hulk dons.
Most part of the analysis is nothing new to me but some readings caught my attention, especially when it explained my current 'in-between jobs' (yet again) predicament so eloquently. As I've mentioned, I've never wanted to keep hopping; it's an innate personality obstacle I just can't seem to overcome :p
"Greens are perpetually curious and always receptive to change. In fact, change is a necessary part of their lives whether it's at home, job, mate, lifestyle or image. Change is their middle name and if their life feels like it's in a rut, then they'll change every aspect of it."
Gosh, I hope by saying change is necessary part of my life in terms of MATE doesn't imply that I'm capricious to the point of being unfaithful.
Then there's a part of me that I've been analysing for a while now and the reading confirms it:
"Unlike other personality types whose natural tendency is to resist change, greens welcome the opportunity to experience new things, meet new people and learn new skills. The risk that greens face is that they're so open to anything new or unconventional that they may spend their lives flitting from one thing to another, never staying with one thing long enough to master it.
Greens have so many talents that it is difficult for them to choose one to focus on. For a green, why choose one thing when you can have it all. It's not uncommon for a green to approach midlife wandering why they've not reached their true potential. Part of their frustration results from the fact that they never stay with anything long enough to reap the rewards. Greens' lives usually read like a series of short stories with many different scenarios, each one its own adventure."
See everybody, I know I got so many talents and the problem is finding one that can sustain my interest long enough to really delve deep into it!
As for my interpersonal relationships and interaction, I know now why I always attract the 'socially-neglected' or the so called 'non-mainstream folks' (think Shawn D, K from XP, some primary skool mates and the stalker back in CGS days!):
"Greens are driven by the need to be liked and that need is so strong that they're vulnerable to attracting people who are needy or abusive."
And of course, all of you have known that I can be really sweet-tempered and a real bitch at the same time, because:
"Greens are the chameleons of the personality world. These usually gentle, amicable people often surprise others by becoming openly aggressive and hostile when they feel they're being taken advantage of or are not being appreciated as unique. This behavioral change throws other types off because a green will suddenly impose their wishes on others, telling them off or openly seeking revenge for perceived abuses."
Students or folks with lack of confidence need also to rub the dynamism from me as...
"Greens have the capacity to motivate and make others feel they can accomplish anything and they tend to take on a fearless persona. They love to be the centre of attention and lead others by their enthusiasm."
Please excuse me when you feel I speak without thinking. I can't help it, it's in my genes that "extroverted greens tend to think out loud and need input and direction. They'll openly seek emotional counsel from people when trying to make a decision."
In summary, the analysis actually compared my personality type to a car (well...I'm not too pleased with this cos it totally sounds unimaginative):
"The green's world is filled with optimism, dreams and fantasies. Their role is to create and learn. Greens are involved in life and respond to it with emotion and enthusiasm. In the automobile, the greens would be the rich leather seats, the eight-speaker sound system and the convertible top - the fun stuff!"
What are your thoughts on me being a GREEN?
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment