Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows

* spoilers ahead

For me who boarded the Hogwarts Express in year 2001, 4 years after the first book was published, it has been a worthwhile journey of spellbinding fiction enriched by reel characters whom many of us have endeared ourselves to.

The finale of Harry Potter was no less a magnificent adventure that begins right from its book cover. The hype surrounding its launch was befitting and definitely deserving as JK Rowling went on to tell the story with such delicate mastery and pulsating punch.

I leapt in celebration of a friendship trinity that completes Harry's valiance with measured intelligence and selfless loyalty. With this, I pay tribute to Ron and Hermoine for sticking it out and showing us the purity of what true friends means.

I ached in piognance for the tenderness of Snape's love for a woman he could never had and how he had braved his fight in solitude, urged on only by the magnitude of this love that engulfs him.

I am heartened that the faith we have placed in the wisdom of great Dumbledore was not broken, albeit suffering a slight taint that proves him human.

And yes, all the characters who have made this wizardry world sheer magic:
Fred and George whose humour belied bravery so lifting,
The rest of the Weasleys whose simplicity and righteousness made them great,
Sirius whose charismatic brashness provided Harry with such godfatherly love we wish he never lost,
Hagrid whose rough appearance is softened by his gentle ways,
Neville whose past held him captive but emerged stronger to claim his own victory,
And many more whom my limited list can't seem to aptly eulogise - Lupin, Luna, Kreacher, Dobby, Tonks... and many more whose acts exemplify admirable courage, faith and love.

I'm sure it won't take long, that I revisit each and everyone of them and venture on this journey, all over again.

1 comment:

yudeology said...

it's over oredi... ::cries!::