Friday, September 28, 2007

想通了, 就好

Compromise is sometimes a dirty word but life does not revolve around me alone. My dream is still mine and me to fight for so if compromising now means I get to learn the crafts I've been wanting to learn, go the places I've been hoping to go, and provide for the folks I'm obliged to support, it seems not a bad deal.

However, it's not easy coming round to accept a lesser choice, at least for me. The rational mind constantly fights with the idealistic soul. I'm grateful I could still entertain thoughts of trying out for the ideal. The cleaner uncle at Maxwell Food Centre couldn't. He wore baggy pants not to strut fashionista hip-hop style. He tied oversized shoes over his ankles with rubber bands not for experimental anti-slip soles as thought of by my so creative dad.

Thanks for this occasional life's little lesson. It's one of those reminders I need now and then to wake me from unnecessary despair.

No comments: