Oh no. I'm down with sensory overload. The symptoms are telling. The sleep was light, with images flashing across my subconcious throughout the wee hours. I was in a drifty mental state when I woke up this morning. And I was having aches - those not of physical strain but more of a certain unrest within.
So how do you catch sensory overload? When you engage your mind in hyper-activity by opening a floodgate of sensory feeds. The Fish Leong concert did it. And 2 chapters of Howl's Moving Castle just before I dozed off unleashed busy flickers of imagery. First it was music, cheering and claps. Then there were the magical transposition through dimensions and space, not unlike the fascinating charm of the moving castle.
Hopefully, tonight's Apprentice might undo these all. That's why I need routine - to restore order once in a while.
Sunday, March 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment