Saturday, February 03, 2007

Can You Keep A Secret?

Dear Diary

I had a nitemare this morning. The unfolding of events was so vivid that I can't get it outta my head. I know it's my employment history coming back to haunt me - first it's the issue of my stakes in a business (no thanx to superb HR), then there's the issue of me moving on from one job (in less than 3 months) to another.

The story went this way:
I went to meet my new boss and the first thing he asked was "so how's teaching?" I stood there frozen. Gawd, they know everything. Every single thing. As though FBI has been sent to investigate my background. Pls...I'm just one small fry trying to earn a decent pay to support my poor parents, upgrade my savings and finally have enough to continue with fulfilling my dreams.

Apparently, my boss knew a colleague from the school who was a Pools champion in a competition that my new company organised. (how apt. my new employer's product offerings has extended to include a sport that they spot in their name). That colleague has mentioned that he knows me and my new boss was unhappy that I haven't included the details of my teaching stint in the CV.

I spent a long time explaining myself outta it. Every word I spat seem to send away everything I was promised in the appointment letter - the decent pay cheque, the incredible bonus, the relatively generous welfare....

The thoughts are too scary to bear.

This was one time I woke up, really glad to know, it was all a nitemare.

*seriously, I'm a little nervous about Wed's meeting now. I hope it's not some interrogative session but just an opportuity for him to catch up and brief me on what's up at my new role.

1 comment:

Enchanted One said...

Opps... it's the sub con programs running in the background of your mind. You'll be fine ! I take it that I was the one was dreamt it cos I have powers to 'reverse' dreams !