Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mutiny on a Bounty

I know by now the rate at which I move in and out of a job is giving the false impression that my actual profession is perhaps job-hopper and not a communicator :p

Eh, please don't be misled ok! Job-changing is hellalot of pain. Imagine going through the search process all over again, worrying over the bread-and-butter issues, having to know new people, and adapting to a whole new work culture. It's really not easy, I'm sure you know. With age catching up, you think I enjoy this? No way! But as usual, those who know me enuff know that it's hard for me to just make do. Making-do is not me. I'm a Go-getter, and that's why I'm a go-getter who has achieved nothing much till this day...hehe..

For the purpose of updates, I've tendered (with no exact plans next except to wait for a more suitable job). Not that I thick-skinned but my resignation triggered off a mutiny of exodus. The company lost nearly 50% of my team. My designer tendered. My direct boss tendered too and he was there for barely 1.5 months. GDI! He broke my record ~ I was there for 2 months ok! Leaving the job by end of the year was something at the back of my boss' mind but me leaving caught him off-guard and he expedited his plans. You know why? Cause my absence will have resulted in his loss of a defence line. See lar, for all the nonsense I am, I'm such an important person to so many people ok!

The remaining team will be facing a hostile take-over by a woman I've so fondly nicknamed the "hyper-ventilator". I must give her thumbs-up for her long-windedness (yes bud, you are not the worst) and thumbs-down for being such a stress ball, or a ball of stress to be correct.

I'll be leaving behind a good team but f**ked-up organisation as a whole. Good luck to my mates who have made my short stint a little bit more bearable. My relationship with that puddle of water shall remain purely as customer-seller. I'll win them BIG one day.

No comments: