Friday, August 10, 2007

My Top 10 Korean TV Leading Men: Intro + Number 1!

After a series of bimbotic posts gushing over dramas and all those fluff (and bluffs yea?), I guess I've sealed my status as a lame tv junkie, most capable of in-depth discussion over shallow subjects such as how 'mud-looking' Mingdao is undeserving of mentions alongside the league of real heart-throbs like say Joe Cheng. My personal bias I know.

Anyway, I'm not about to set justice to my seemingly superficial engagements since serious discussions are best left to the aspiring lifelong-academic. I am continuing my mindless pursuits and shall present you my Top 10 lists of men. The pluralism in the italicised is intentional and not a case of bad grammar. I am the ignitor of the idea to come up with our list of Top 20 cuties. Whatever you see here, and maybe here, were started after conversations with me. However, the varying forms of lists that eventually surface(d) in their blogs were entirely to their own credits.

Now I present you my 1st of the 10, in no order of preference cos I really like them when I was at the height of madness at the point of watching their respective dramas. The degree of liking fluctuates from time-to-time. Such is the caprices of my heart but I take real-life relationships seriously ok!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Korean Cutie #1 - Gong Yoo


Makes my heart throb in Coffee Prince.
Pi's Sizzliing Meter:

His Wiki Page here.

I theorise that most of these Korean cuties have looks that grow on you despite the doubts you might have initially. There are exceptions, of cos, such as Bae Yong Joon. I shan't elaborate.

Gong Yoo has a 'kiam pa' face but it takes a heart made of the strongest alloy not to melt when you see him agonizing over his 'homosexuality' as the drama progressed in Coffee Prince. Such fine showing of emotional nuances and all his little moves that drive you nuts! Like how he bit his lips to savour a kiss, with all that puppish expressions. I guess I would be cheated of all my money if a cutie guy trickster stunted that on me...hahaha... But what really works for me about Gong Yoo, is his portrayal of a man with kidultish ways and conviction to pursue his love(s). OMG, I'm giddy again from reminiscing those scenes.

Oh, and guess what, we're one year apart - me and Gong Yoo! It's a match ok cos a lot of these cuties are irritatingly at least 3 years younger than me.

No comments: