Some time ago, I engaged a mover to help move things from Runway Office to home. I liased with a guy called Thomas. Absolute jerk.
I asked for carton boxes when I first contacted Thomas. He gladly obliged and said he'll collect $20 deposit. Never once did he mention that the $20 is only refundable upon return of the boxes. And when I was told by the workers who came to move my things, Thomas claimed that he has told me on the phone. His words against mine but I recorded the details of our conversation when we first agreed on a deal. Anyway, I let that pass.
When I'm done with unpacking, I called Thomas to collect my carton boxes and told him specifically that I'll return him 6 out of the 10 boxes. He said he'll have to deduct accordingly from the deposit. I said fine and told him to arrange for collection + return of deposit. 2 weeks passed and I heard nothing. I called him again and he pretended not to remember. No replies on my smses too. That totally contrasted with the very prompt response before the deal was brokered. Today, he didn't even want to pick up my calls.
Pissed, I called the number on my receipts. The poor girl on the phone bore the brunt of my frustration. She claimed her records show that the $20 I paid was for purchase of boxes and not a deposit (duh! who would want to pay for some recycled boxes when I can get brand-new nice ones from Ikea?). That got me all fired up. She explained according to their policy they cannot nullify a purchase of the carton boxes and refund the money. Lucky thing I kept all my receipts and smses. Told her I got evidence of what transpired between me and Thomas. Showed my understanding that I know she's not at fault but told her the company should honour whatever terms their representative agreed with the purchaser. She then said they can collect my 6 boxes but I must bear the transport costs. And THAT FLAMED MY FIRE EVEN STRONGER. I ranted on and she let loose by saying they can only do free collection for 10 boxes and above. I got her to reiterate and confirm her statement. Knowing I got a trump card now, I told her I'll return all 10 and therefore she has to collect and return me my money tmr. I got my way and before I put down the phone, I did my part as a fair customer by once again apologizing that my anger was not directed at her but the dishonest deal I was cut by Thomas.
I'll be sending the Movers a formal letter to complain about Thomas. Such dishonest salesman who conveniently omit the impt details for the sake of getting sales should get his just desserts.
If you're looking for movers through the Classified, don't call a Thomas who advertised his mobile as 9001 2347. Call him only if you want to wake him up to pee at 3am. I suspect this guy's a "broker" who's earning extra cash by selling mover packages. Call the company direct instead - 138 Professional Movers @ 6260 5603. At least the gal who helped me with my issue was sincere.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
what to do ? There are dishonest 's' everywhere. Only way is to heighten public awareness about them
Post a Comment