Sunday, November 19, 2006

I was Pang-sai Imn

I was such a good daughter yesterday (actually all my life), accompanying my ma to visit grandaunt who had just gone through an operation. It's sad to see how she has deteriorated in recent years. Then, we met my bro for lunch. Next up was my haircut @ Cut & Curl. Ken made me wait 1 hour though I had already made an appointment with him. In the evening, I accompanied my ma again to her long-time friend's aunt's wake (yes, my ma still has friends, especially old mates from Indonesia - less chance of meeting up = less chance for quarrel...).

We did a bit of catching up with this fren (Jing Ching's her name) of hers. One of my favouritest ah-yee actually. She's a real sport - can't sing but wouldn't mind shattering some glasses to please a crowd, no great complexion but self-claimed herself a beauty expert and even started clasees at home to impart other obasans her half-past six skills, not formally trained as financial consultant but turns out quite successful with her AIA insurance career in small-town Jambi.

Jing Ching ah yee related to me how time has flown from the time she first met me when I was 3. She told me I was such a curious kid, always asking intelligent questions and could hold out a conversation with adults. See, I was a child prodigy but I still can't believe I was already chatty at 3 cos I always remember myself as a quiet kid.
Child Prodigy Pipi
Then she started laffing recounting how I forever needed to pang-sai when I went from one place to another. She had to say so loudly yesterday at the table that she nicked me Pang-sai Imn then.

Great! I've been so full of shit since young.

* * * * *
Sidetrack: The iPod Dilemma

I can't believe I'm so wishy washy over this. The newest generation iPod 30GB is on promotion with UOB credit card @ $393. iPod 30GB used to cost $500+ but Apple has downpriced. Other than music, can use iPod as external drive, watch video (like I ever need it unless I'm seriously bored on an economy-class plane).
Should I buy? Tell me what you think or vote at the poll on the right panel.

1 comment:

Enchanted One said...

like real... you quiet ? but as i've said, i am glad u dun pang sai everywhere u go now =pp