Friday, November 10, 2006

Pi's "Loogi" Epic

Loogi (n): a disadvantaged situation; (v) to lose out.

We all know by now that we can't possibly win all the time in life. For one, I admit defeat to the weather god. I washed my clothes yesterday and left them to dry in the sun before going out and when I'm home, my clothes were all drenched! So this morning I rewashed those clothes, left them to dry, thinking that "oh what beautiful day with nice bright sun!" and when I'm home...THEY'RE ALL SOAKED WET AGAIN! It's ok, as I've always mentioned, we can't get crossed with nature.

Then there are times we loogi because people take advantage of our kind selves. This is the kind of loogi I hated most. I would plot revenge in some instances. Yesss, I'm petty but who cares, cos I'm not aiming for nirvana. And there are times we loogi not because some people are despicable or underhand, but simply by twist of event and circumstances akin to the weather god kept my clothes wet incident.

To date, as I try to recall, one of my most memorable loogi experiences happened in Beautiful Bali 3 years back and the situation wasn't romantic at all :(

Me, ma and SC were on that trip together and we signed up for this 'Relaxing Spa in Bali' travel package. (How nice! I'm one of those rich missy who does her spa overseas..!)Anyway, when we were at the spa, we were ordered to strip. OMG! My first strip-tease, overseas and in front of another person! I was quite embarassed honestly. Shy lar. My body is my temple mah.

My strip tease went right up to my specs. I felt like a grandnanny when my surrounding became a blur. SC didn't have to take off any specs cos she does not wear a pair with her almost perfect eyesight. Then...SC and I were shoved to the same room. My mind saw blinding flashes of lightning and heard deafening roars of thunder *晴天霹雳*

If you haven't realised the significance of this all...it means SC CAN SEE ME NAKED CLEARLY AND I CAN'T!!! Not that I want to see SC nude lar, but at least I would have felt more balanced if our "visual returns" were equal. Adding salt to the wound, I found out that the damages of my loogi would have been reduced if I had requested for an individual room like my mum did!

Anyway, SC, just to assure you if you're reading this, I've long recovered from the painful memories of Naked in Bali. I'm sorry I haven't been eye-candy :p

No comments: