It's annoying. Just when the haze has cleared, now there's the rain to stop me from hill-conquering later. My mind was so made up just now... -_-
Ok, never mind. I can't get annoyed at the weather god. He already has a tough job and very heavy responsibility, unlike the admin folks working at my town council. I was there earlier to pay our monthly conservancy fees and the newly-implemented queue number system baffled me a little.
On average, the queue there doesn't quite fit into what we might call super crowded scenario. When was I there, there were only 2 persons in queue and I was told that I had to get a queue number now. They even assigned a staff to greet you at the door and show you to the queue number ticket machine. Is this fanfare necessary at all? Is it? THERE WERE ONLY 2 IN QUEUE! How wrong can the counter staff get by serving them one-by-one?
This is total crap and a waste of residents' money. Haven't they learnt from the experiences of small bank branches and post offices that queue number system will become white elephants unless they serve the purposes of BIG organisations that provide multiple services? Anyway, I'm just riding on the chance to get back at the town council which has sent my family 2 warning letters for something really senseless and I dun want to talk about it for now lest I lash even further on the idiocy of the whole system.
I got more incriminating evidence of the town council not using the residents' funds efficiently and one big complaint is how they left my estate's corridor lights and lamp-posts on THROUGHOUT THE DAY. Talk about energy efficiency and think of the poor towns of the opposition-governed estates! Don't let me catch them in the act again. I'll write a warning letter to them to reduce the conservancy charges instead of squandering it on silly queue posts, queue number ticket machine or those new sofas that barely warm the butts of visiting residents who want to pay their bills.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment