Something I penned on 5 Jan 1999...
If aspirations could be attained, I hope for directions.
Directions to guide me along the way,
to show me the paths,
to lead me to the peak.
If wishes could be granted, I hope for difference.
Difference from the present,
from the stillness,
from the unchanged.
For I am ready to take the plunge,
to see the world,
to scale the heights,
to dazzle on stage.
* * * * *
7 years on, I'm only halfway through to attaining my aspiration. Got a bit lost along the way but had enough sense to call a tentative halt as I looked for the light to shine in the dark. I've experienced difference and I guess things can only get better. I've seen a bit more of the world and there's always so much more to discover. I have scaled higher heights but I know the highest's still waiting for me. I may have shone on stage but it's still not dazzling. But no hurry, life is a long long journey though fragile.
7 years from now, what kind of story will I be sharing? I really wonder.
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment